Winter Park is located in Orange County. It is famous for Park Avenue and its Chain of Lakes.
- Due to its proximity to downtown Orlando, this is one of the most sought area for individuals who work downtown in the financial & legal sectors.
- Also very popular with families whose children attend private schools in or near the downtown area.
- Nearby private schools include Park House Academy, Park Maitland, Lake Highland Preparatory and Trinity Preparatory
- Expect to see a mix development of old and new construction homes in Winter Park.
- Shop at Park Avenue and enjoy coffee bars, upscale boutiques, posh clothing stores, stationary shops and lots of fine resturants.
- Home of Rollins College, the state’s first private college.
- Winter Park is a part of the Metro-Wireless network which provides 2 free hours daily of Wi-Fi internet in the downtown area.
- 2nd location of Whole Foods in Orlando.
Winter Park was founded as a resort destination by wealthy New England industrialists before the turn of the 20th century. It is recognized as the first centrally planned community in Florida; its main street includes not only public civic buildings and retail, but also art galleries, a private liberal arts college, museums, a park, a train station, a golf course country club, a historic cemetery, and a beach and boat launch. The city has continued to transform into a modern city with excellent city planning and development. A new trend in Winter Park is buying old homes and tearing them down so that new, modern homes can be built.
Winter Park Farmer’ Market
The city has a Farmer’s Market every Saturday that is worth a visit regardless of where you plan to live. This market offers a wide selection of beautiful indoor and outdoor plants, fresh produce and delightful breakfast items. Local specialties such as home made jelly, gluten-free flour and all natural spice rubs are also available. This market is held every Saturday from 7am to 1pm at Winter Park’s old train depot at 200 West New England Avenue. Be sure to bring your dog along as well!
On Saturday afternoons, enjoy Winter Park’s Cady Way bike path, a 3.7 mile greenway joining Orlando and Winter Park. You can bike, walk, roller blade or just take a stroll on this path.
Annual Olde Fashioned 4th of July Celebration
This is one of my favorite events in Orlando. The celebration includes remarks regarding the history of this monumental day, as well as welcoming new American citizens on their historic milestone. You can expect to see many folks wearing their red, white and blue outfits reflecting the tradition of this honorable day.
The celebration also features live patriotic music performed by the Bach Festival Choir and Brass Ensemble, horse-drawn wagon rides, Orlando Cloggers, Rockin’ Roadster Road Show and much more! Children’s activities also include the annual bicycle parade where bicycles are decorated with flags and other patriotic items.
Preforeclosure Orlando consists of homes under short sale and other bank imposed stipulations such as auctions. For up-to-date preforeclosure Orlando listings in popular Winter Park communities, call us at 407-435-8909.
Real estate agent in Orlando is Nipul shah of Reiki Realty, LLC. Real estate broker in Orlando is Nipul Shah who is also the owner. For Orlando real estate listings, visit www.Thumbsuporlando.com
Cycling is an integral park of Winter that reflects healthy and active lifestyle.
Central Park of Park Avenue: This 11-acre park has shady oak trees, landscaped planters, sitting areas, open space and three beautiful fountains. You can always spot family pictures being taken here.
City of Winter Park: their vision is “Be the best place to live, work and play in Florida for today’s residents and future generations”.