City of Oviedo has steadily been growing over the year and has big plans for expanding its downtown on approximately 50 acres. The new development will feature a residential component of single-family houses, town homes and apartments, a commercial business district and retail establishments. This project is scheduled to be completed in late 2015 and early 2016.
- Located in Seminole County
- Approx. 11.7 miles north of Orlando
- Home to the famous Oviedo Marketplace Shopping Mall
- Home to University of Central Florida which has a student population of 48,000 students
- Boasting great public schools and low crime rate, this city provides a strong sense of community.
- Do a bit of trail walking, skating or ride your bike on the beautiful Cross Seminole Trail (still under construction but, when completed will be 24 miles long).
- Lots of great shopping and fine restaurants in the area.
- This city is well known for some the best schools in the Seminole county.
Communities of Oviedo
The city is also home to numerous communities including the established Whispering Woods, Aloma Woods, Remington Park, Carillon, Little Creek, Sanctuary, Kingsbridge, Riverside, Riverwind Apartments, Twin Rivers, and Bear Creek. It also has new subdivisions including the Oviedo Forest, Providence, Clayton’s Crossing, Stratford Green, the Trails, and Live Oak Reserve. Oviedo Gardens is a new community by Meritage Homes.
Center Lake Park –
The new Center Lake Park is now open and features a cultural center with a large banquet room, large outdoor Amphitheatre, small outdoor stage, Veterans Tribute, Wet deck, Dog Park, playground, Boat House for paddle boat rentals and a Lakeside Promenade. The Park offers something for everyone to enhance the quality of life in Oviedo. The facility is open everyday from 7am to 9pm. For upcoming events, please visit Center Lake Park