College Park can be summed up in just two words: Great Restaurants! Culinary excellence flocks to College Park for their reputation in great food. Farm-to-table is a well known concept in College Park. Simply put, it’s a cool place to live. Rustic homes and quaint neighborhoods sit comfortably among fine dining and shady trees. This one area of Orlando you have to experience it to truly understand what it has to offer –
- Located south of Maitland and just north of downtown Orlando
- Active neighborhood community
- Excellent schools, student-teacher ratio of 17:1
- The Community center is equipped with a pool, computer lab, baseball field and more
- Home to Dubsdread Golf Course, founded in 1924 at West Par Street.
- Historic house of Jack Kerouac during the publishing of On The Road and where he wrote Dharma Bums. As well as providing housing for the Kerouac Project
- Many of the members of the medical community like to live in the College Park area due to proximity of 2 large hospital systems and lots of other supporting services.
An interesting aspect of College Park is that derives its name from the many streets within its bounds that were named for institutions of higher learning such as Princeton, Harvard and Yale.
One of my favorite aspects of College Park is its proximity to downtown Orlando. Edgewater Drive is the main artery into the neighborhood’s business district which is famous for its long term customers like Stuart Jewelry which was established in 1946 and Orange Cycle in 1977. It is also surrounded by Lakes Adair, Ivanhoe, Concord and Silver.
The homes in College Park homes vary from small cottages to large multi dwelling buildings like the Wellesley Condominiums. College Park is slowly transforming with smaller, older homes being torn down and replaced with new homes.
Preforeclosure Orlando consists of homes under short sale and other bank imposed stipulations such as auctions. For up-to-date preforeclosure Orlando listings in popular Dr. Phillips communities, call us at 407-435-8909. Real estate agent in Orlando is Nipul Shah of Reiki Realty, LLC. For Orlando real estate listings, visit www.Thumbsuporlando.com